Thursday, January 17, 2013

Puzzle Pieces

 
 
Yesterday, in our Art class, we talked about what beauty is, what we perceive to be beautiful or have beauty, and whether we can judge what another person believes to be beautiful. It was a very interesting and insightful discussion. After discussing it as a class and making notes on chart paper, we colored a puzzle piece to show our own creativity. 
 
 

The above picture is of the blank puzzle that we would soon beautify. In order to create our individual and unique puzzle pieces, we traced the piece we wanted to color on notebook paper, cut it out, and then traced that onto a thicker piece of plain white paper. We then cut that piece out and colored/designed it how we wished.



This is what it looks like after we all colored a piece and glued it to the blank puzzle. Hopefully, we will have a chance to color/design a second piece during our next Art class.



This is a close-up of Sarah's beautiful puzzle piece! Such talent! Sarah is awesome and emailed me all these pictures because I kept forgetting to take my camera to class and I have a cheap phone that takes really horrible pictures. But, fear not, my camera is now permanently in my school bag so I will not forget to take pictures of what we are doing!





No comments:

Post a Comment